Avineon, Inc. is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator for a Windows-based data center to add to our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate will support our client’s platform with production support, system administration, and technical sizing, as well as be involved in the design support for client application systems. The successful candidate will work with a team of Systems Engineers and Administrators to proactively maintain and improve the performance and availability of key applications used by the client.
a. Group policy development and troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP)
b. VMware ESX
c. Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
d. MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
e. MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
4. Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence.
5. Experience with implementing and administering MS Windows 2008/2012/2016 Directory Services Infrastructure, designing security for MS Windows 2008/2012/2016 Network, and designing and implementing MS Windows 2008/2012/2016 Network Infrastructure.
6. Advanced working knowledge of Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures, as well as DNS, GPO's, and message tracking and performance.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical specialists.
8. Ability to plan, organize, and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision.
9. Strong working knowledge of trouble ticketing systems such as Remedy and SolarWinds.
10. A minimum of five years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role at least two of which were in a senior systems administrator position.
11. Two+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a Top Secret environment.
12. Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for data center operations.
13. Must have strong customer support skills.
14. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing at a management level.
15. Experience managing compliance with license agreements.
16. Experience controlling and monitoring user access to systems.
17. Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of MS Windows-based systems.
18. Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of MS Windows-based systems.
19. Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs.
Avineon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.