- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. (Experience may be substituted for education.
- Six years of relevant IT work experience.
- Four years’ experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ISR G2, ACE/GSS, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, TACLanes, CUCM, Meeting Place/WebEX, Anyconnect, VSOM/VSM, NAC.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Voice Professional (CCVP), or Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP). Candidates who do not currently possess the CCNP certification, but meet all other minimum requirements, may be considered for this position. If selected, the candidate will be required to obtain the required certification within a twelve (12) month time period.
- Knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Netcordia NetMRI, Cisco MARS, Splunk, What’s Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG, and NMAP.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN, and NAC.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide a clear explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors, and above. Great people skills are a must.
- Ability to act as Senior Network Engineering in the absence of the SNE.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access.
- Must be a US citizen, and all immediate family members and all members of household must be US citizens.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- CCNP, or CCVP, or CCNP Wireless, or CCSP AND the Design Professional (CCDP) Certifications.
- Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus.
- Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. MDS switching infrastructure, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
- Extensive experience with Cisco VoIP, including Call Manager 6.X, Unity, and Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include: 802.11a, b, g, and n; LWAPP; CAPWAP; WCS; WLC; and APs.
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE, and OSPF.
Avineon, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.